CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
City Hall Clerical
CITY HALL CLERICAL:
The City of Trenton is accepting applications for an Administrative Clerk. The position provides administrative support to Department Directors, responds to telephone inquiries, provides customer assistance, and serves as back-up utility billing clerk.
This position requires an enthusiastic, detail oriented individual with strong clerical skills who is interested in, and capable of, performing a variety of functions. The individual must interact well with the public and staff and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Skill and Knowledge
Knowledge and experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Excellent customer service skills combined with tact, courtesy, and discretion
- Ability to interact with members of the public in a professional manner
- Attention to detail while working on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under stress and adapt to any situation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Experience with LOCIS system preferred but not required
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. In addition, this position requires a minimum of three years of related clerical/administrative experience. Municipal experience preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants should send a resume along with a cover letter, three business references and a City of Trenton application to: City Clerk, Karen Buzzard, 14 W. Broadway, Trenton, IL 62293, email@example.com. Application deadline is October 11, 2018.
The City of Trenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.