The City Administrator reports to the Mayor and City Council. He is tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Coordination of City government;
- Preparation and coordination of grant applications;
- Management of the City’s budget;
- Coordination of economic and residential development;
- Supervision and direction of all City Departments;
- Management of the day to day operations of the City, and the in absence of a department head, the management of the day to day operations of the department;
- Assist in employee hiring;
- Maintenance and management of employee benefits, records and policies;
- Risk Management; and
- Other duties as directed by the City Council.
Contact the City Administrator by calling (618) 224-7323 or email.
P.A. 98-0738, effective January 1, 2015, requires the auditor conducting the municipal or county audit to provide a copy of any management letter and audited financial statements to each member of the corporate authorities within 60 days of the close of the audit. The auditor is also required to present the audit information to the corporate authorities either in person or electronically at a public meeting. Municipalities and counties with websites must post this information on their websites, in addition to other filing and disclosure requirements already in effect (i.e., filing an electronic copy with the state comptroller).